Now we have something to combat this crime ...
"My name is Tony Loneragan and I am the General Manager of the
University of Canberra Union. We have been using the Drink Spike
Detector since April 2003 on our busy Thursday nights and we are
already seeing the results. Just last week our security spotted
two drinks left unattended. As there was some suspicion, the two
were offered a chance to test their beverages prior to drinking
them. Fortunately for them we did. The Drink Spike Detector came
up with a positive result, and this lucky couple narrowly escaped
getting spiked. The police were called and they took the drinks
away for further forensic testing. These inexpensive and easy kits
will not stop spiking incidents but at least now we have something
to combat this crime and ultimately drug facilitated sexual assault,
making our Bar a safer place for our patrons.
Thanks Drink Safe Technologies." - Tony Loneragan
No one deserves to be raped...
"It was a long time ago now, but something that will stay with me
forever. Fortunately I will never remember what these men did to
me because the drugs that spiked my drink made it impossible to
remember. But they also made it impossible to say no! I was out
on my own and accepted one drink from a guy whom intended to rape
me and invite others to join him. At seventeen I had a very hard
time proving this to the police and sometimes doubted myself. Since
this happened to me I have heard the guys re-offended, I sometimes
blame myself. This is why I have spoken out to the media and to
all young people (although drink spiking does not only target the
young, it happens to anyone including guys). Drink safe drink testers
should be available everywhere and used whenever your drink has
been left unattended. No one deserves to be raped but we can try
to protect ourselves and not become a victim of such an assault."
- Renee from Melbourne
The Drink Spike Detector should be used as an extra
form of protection...
I don't consider myself to be a particularly reckless or unaware person,
and perhaps that is why I never would have considered something like this
happening to me. I had just returned from traveling alone through Europe and
the US, prior to this I had lived in Sydney for 4 years. I guess I considered
Melbourne to be a pretty safe place.
Jane and I decided to go to a bar in Hawthorn that a friend of mine had
recently opened up. We got to the bar and ordered a drink each, I had a beer
and Jane had a wine. Jane and I sat down on some couches, near three males
who we didn't know. The 3 males were being polite and making small talk.
At one stage my friend went to the bathroom and during this time I received
a call on my mobile and was distracted for a minute. I had my drink,
but Jane only had a bit more as she said the wine didn't taste that good. As
we went to leave the 3 males asked us if we wanted another drink Ð we declined,
and then asked where we were going. We left and got a taxi.
In the taxi we both began to feel quite sick and disorientated. By the time
we got out of the taxi in Richmond at our friends house, we could not walk or
even stand up. When our friend found us we were both on the ground, my friend
was vomiting, and I wasn't even conscious. Both of us can not remember a large
proportion of what happened that night and only began to piece things together
on Saturday evening and worked out that the drinks were spiked. At first when
it was suggested we didn't believe it. We were incredibly lucky. But at the
same time the dangers are quite frightening. I am an insulin dependent diabetic
and also suffer from quite low blood pressure. During the time that I was
incoherent and then unconscious, it would have been possible that I could have
suffered from hypoglycemia and died. Also a number of the drugs they use to
do this can also cause your blood pressure to drop quite significantly which
could have caused my heart to stop.
I think the Drink Spike Detector should be used as an extra form of protection,
one that has never been available to the unsuspecting victims before. My advice is
to be aware, because I certainly didn't think it'd happen to me either. You can't
ever be too careful. "
- Hawthorn Melbourne
*The following testimonials come from the USA and may not reflect
the Australian scene.
These testers give me my power back...
"When I heard about the Drink Safe coaster, I thought, wow
how cool! We can go back to being social. I live in Los Angeles
and there are so many stories of women and friends who have been
victims of the date rape drug, and up until now it has just gotten
too scary to go out and meet anyone. These testers have just put
the life back in the party. I can test my drinks all night and know
that I’m being safe and the people I’m with and meeting
are safe. These testers give me my power back. Up until now people
putting the date rape drug in victims drinks have been hard to catch
up with, and it will be interesting to see who wants to get caught
in a crowded nightclub."
I'm excited just to spread the word...
"I heard an interview on the local radio station where I live
about these coasters. I heard 7-11 stores would be selling them.
Well I couldnt wait, I'm so glad I found your website. I'm excited
just to spread the word. I'm in California and I have a friend in
Hawaii spreading the
word after hearing about it from me...also with chatting online
I tell everyone. Thank you!!! I think companies like the makers
of the alcohol or the establishments selling alcohol should definately
start endorsing this invention.
Thank you again!!!" - Jessica
A solution to a growing, life-threatening issue...
I was positively thrilled to hear about this invention. It's seems
like such a simple solution to a growing, life-threatening issue.
Unfortunately, I had an experience a year ago, before this was available.
It is something that I will never forget. It has made me very conscious
and aware. That is a real problem: lack of consciousness about this
I'm hoping that through your marketing, you'll be able to reach
out to everyone and make them realize how serious this is, before
it happens to them. It happens so quickly and so easily that you're
just left reeling and wondering what happened.
I hope you'll be directing your marketing to privately owned restaurants,
clubs and bars, etc, as well as educational institutions. The danger
is everywhere and not just the college set, as may be believed by
many. I found that out the hard way.
Please let me know if there's something I can do on my part to
help you to market and raise awareness.
I'd also like to thank you for making these afforable and not making
them cost prohibitive.
With highest regards,
I wish Drink Safe was around back then...
Dear Drink Safe Technologies,
I don't know where to begin, but a million thanks are owed to your
...I will share with you a true story that I have told very few
people, in it is the reality that no drink is safe unless it is
prepared by the individual consuming it. About 11 years ago, I had
a friend, we'll call her "Samantha" who was dating a GUY
we'll call "Kirk".
I met Samantha and we instantly clicked, she became such a "good
friend" that she helped me get a job with her and her boyfriend,
and it all seemed perfectly normal. I did not know during this time
that Kirk had a secret crush on me, and that Samantha was well aware
One day Kirk and Samantha decided to get an apartment and move
in together in the town we all grew up in, a small town on Long
Island. I was quite flattered that Samantha invited me over for
dinner the minute the stuff was unpacked, and I took her up on the
I wasn't even finished with my dinner when I started feeling very
tired. I remember saying, "I am sorry, I don't know what's
come over me all of a sudden...I'm so tired, I think I'll head home."
It was then that Samantha and Kirk both shouted, "NO! You shouldn't
drive when you're so tired, it is just as bad a being drunk!"
And Samantha suggested I lie down in her bed until I was ready to
return home safely. I woke up to Kirk just looking at me funny,
like he was watching me sleep. It felt like I was only asleep for
about a half hour, but when I asked him, Kirk confirmed that it
had been three or so hours! That was when Kirk explained to me that
SAMANTHA had put "ruffies" in my iced tea, to drug me
up so that he could "have me already...live the fantasy and
get over it." Kirk confided that he couldn't do it, thank God.
It was confirmed that I had NOT been raped, thanks to my guardian
angels and a guy with some morals....but what COULD have happened?
It scares me. And even though I was not raped, I was scarred for
life...I am unable to form trusting friendships, and I am suspicious
of anyone that tries to get inside my close circle of a few friends.
I wish drink safe was around back then...it just goes to show you
that the person you'd least expect, in the place you'd least expect,
and even in the BEVERAGE you'd least expect, DANGER could be lurking.
I think this is amazing...
I was a victim of GHB drugging and I nearly died..I had no vital
signs as well as suffered multiple seizures and after effects, I
think this is amazing..I want to help in anyway possible..Volunteering..getting
the message out..anyting, as it has taken me 2 months to get over
Thank-you so much!!!
I'm passing them out to all my friends...
Right on thank you so much for responding so promtly also. Not to
mention thanks for just being associated with such an awesome product.
All of us party girls thank you and appreciate you guys. I'm passing
them out to all my friends as soon as they get here!!!